Mission and Values
URGE envisions a liberated world where we can live with justice, love freely, express our gender and sexuality, and define and create families of our choosing.
To achieve our vision of liberation, URGE builds power and sustains a young people’s movement for reproductive justice by centering the leadership of young people of color who are women, queer, trans, nonbinary, and people of low income.
As a state-driven national organization, URGE organizes our communities, provides a political home for young people, advocates for meaningful policy change, and shifts culture, working in states where the challenges and opportunities are greatest.
- Member-focused: Our work is defined by the vision, desires, and leadership of young people.
- Impact-driven: We measure our work in meaningful wins for–and defined by–young people
- Bold and creative: We push cultural and political boundaries to demand change and achieve our vision.
- Anti-racist: We challenge and work to dismantle systemic white supremacy and anti-Blackness through cross-racial collaboration. We recognize how all communities of color are impacted by and engage with white supremacy.
- Sex-positive, gender-expansive, and abortion positive: We create celebratory and supportive spaces for our bodies, genders, abilities, sexual expression, and reproductive self-determination.