Intern at URGE
URGE seeks committed individuals who are passionate about reproductive/social justice to join our team. As an intern for URGE, you’ll get an inside understanding of the fight to attain reproductive justice both locally and at the federal level in the nation’s capitol, as well as an opportunity to hone your professional skills in a fast-paced environment.
URGE interns conduct meaningful tasks and are responsible for their own individual projects. The selected interns are expected to work from May – August 2017 (start and end dates are flexible depending on your semester schedule). URGE provides substantial projects in the areas of:
- Field & Trainings: advocacy, policy research, outreach and trainings
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a 2 year or 4 year institution
- Ability to commit to full time work during the internship
- A passion for reproductive justice and social justice issues
- A commitment to youth activism
- Active member of an URGE Chapter or Affiliate, and/or associated with a reproductive justice organization is preferred
- Willingness to relocate to Washington, DC for the duration of the internship
Salary: This is a full-time (40 hours per week) paid stipend internship.
To apply for an URGE Internship, please send a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for two references (attached as one .pdf document) to Haley Miller, with the subject “URGE Internship.” No phone calls please.
Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applications must be received by the following dates:
Summer internship: April 12, 2017
URGE is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.