Intern at URGE
URGE seeks committed individuals who are passionate about reproductive/social justice to join our team. As an intern for URGE, you’ll get an inside understanding of the fight to attain reproductive justice both locally and at the federal level in the nation’s capitol, as well as an opportunity to hone your professional skills in a fast-paced environment.
URGE interns conduct meaningful tasks and are responsible for their own individual projects. The selected interns are expected to work from January – May 2018 (start and end dates are flexible depending on your semester schedule). URGE provides substantial projects in the areas of:
- Policy & Communications: advocacy, social media, external communications and policy research
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a 2 year or 4 year institution
- Ability to commit to part time work during the internship
- A passion for reproductive justice and social justice issues
- A commitment to youth activism
- Active member of an URGE Chapter or Affiliate, and/or associated with a reproductive justice organization is preferred
Salary: This is a part-time (10-15 hours per week) paid stipend internship.
To apply for an URGE Internship, please send a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for two references (attached as one .pdf document) to Debra Marshall at email@example.com, with the subject “URGE Internship.” No phone calls please.
Applications must be received by the following dates:
Spring internship: November 15, 2017
URGE is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.