URGE Marks 49th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade with Young People’s Roundtable as Fate of the Landmark 1973 SCOTUS Ruling Hangs in BalanceGrowing Up With Roe, Going Beyond It: A Young People’s Roundtable
January 13, 2022
WHO: Event hosted by URGE: Unite for Reproductive & Gender Equity. Students from Kansas, Ohio, Georgia, Alabama, and California.
- Cindy Cruz (she/her/ella), Western States Director
- Desiree Luckey (she/her/hers), Director of Policy
- Jordan Barrant (she/hers) – Chapter President, URGE Spelman
- Delaney Jones (she/her) – Executive Chair, URGE Wichita State University (Feminists on Campus Uniting Students)
- Ursula Justice (they/them) – Chapter Leader, URGE University of Alabama Huntsville
- Z Zenobia (they/them) – Humboldt State Univ. Representative, Pro-Abortion Student Advisory Board
- Maria Renteria (she/they) – Former Canvasser, URGE Ohio
WHAT: URGE and student panelists from several of our investment states will host Growing Up With Roe, Going Beyond It: A Young People’s Roundtable to explore the complexities surrounding the landmark 1973 U.S. Supreme Court ruling identifying abortion as a right to personal privacy. Moderators and panelists will discuss the significance of Roe v. Wade, its shortcomings, what the overturning of Roe could mean in the wake of the Jackson Women’s Health case, and the need for comprehensive reproductive justice in 2022.
WHEN: Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 4 PM ET
BACKGROUND: URGE: Unite for Reproductive & Gender Equity envisions a world where all people have agency over their own bodies and relationships and the power, knowledge, and tools to exercise that agency. URGE builds this vision by engaging young people in creating and leading the way to sexual and reproductive justice for all by providing training, field mobilization and national leadership for a youth-driven agenda. Formerly known as Choice USA.