CALL THE SENATE AND PROTECT ABORTION ACCESS!
The Senate will soon be voting on a ban on abortion after 20 weeks post fertilization. Restricting abortion puts our lives, families and communities at risk. We need leaders in Congress to promote legislation that helps us raise healthy families when we are ready, not legislate personal decisions.
Make your voice heard – Call your Senators and ask them to vote NO on H.R. 36!
Here is how you do it:
1. Find your Senators: http://www.contactingthecongress.org/ *Be sure you use the address where you are registered to vote!
2. Call the Congressional switchboard: 888-960-4826 and ask to speak to your Senator’s office.
3. Ask them to vote NO on H.R. 36. Here is a sample script you can use:
Hello, my name is________ and I attend ______. As a proud resident of the state you represent I want to express my strong opposition to the 20 week ban that Senator ________ will be voting on. A ban on abortions at 20 weeks post fertilization is bad for young people and would prevent us from seeking our constitutionally protected healthcare. There are many circumstances where someone may need to seek later abortion care but it should be a decision made with health professionals and trusted support people, not politicians. Please vote no on this bill.
*If you have a personal story to share about why later abortion care affects you please share with your Senator or the staffer answering the phone, if you feel comfortable.
4. Don’t forget to call your second Senator’s office and give them the same message.
5. Spread the word and ask your friends to call their Senators too!